Raw Material Services (RMS) was founded by Bill McGuire in 2003. It was an outgrowth of Bill's thirty years of experience in the steel industry and his reputation, professionalism and expertise in global procurement and steel related technical consulting activities while he was employed by Bethlehem Steel Corporation (BSC). BSC's assets were sold to International Steel Group in May 2003.
- RMS specializes in raw material supply consultation and sales consultation for the global steel industry and related industries with similar raw material requirements.
- RMS provides technical consulting services to the global steel and related industries
- RMS, through its network of trained professionals, can provide strategic and tactical procurement related services ranging from process evaluation through contract negotiation, implementation and administration.
- RMS has a professional staff and technically competent and experienced outside resources available to meet our client's needs.
- Each individual has over twenty five years of industry experience in a variety of activities.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Coal mining and processing, coke making, iron making, steel making, steel finishing, raw material and MRO procurement, energy and utilities analysis, capital project managment, inventory managment, contract administration, raw material cost analysis and ocean transportation.